Thursday, November 12, 2009

Brentwood Academy Show






If you have noticed lately I have not posted as often as usual due to the fact I am participating in the Brentwood Academy Show on the 5th, 6th, and 7th of December and I have been in a painting frenzy with little time for anything else. I also have two small shows at two other galleries which will require another 10 paintings. It has however, forced me to paint 11x14's in the field which is a bit large for me. When I loaded one into my Open Box M it looked like I was hanging drywall. It was huge. But once I started and got lost in it I didn't notice the size difference. And it took about the same amount of time as smaller sizes. Explain that. I honestly thought it would take hours and hours. I think both took around two and a half hours. I will post both when I get the time.
Meanwhile, back to the painting frenzy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's that beautiful color! Thanks for sharing-- they're gogeous.. where are your shows? Hope BA show goes well,we hope to stop by and gawk..

Doug said...

Really nice paintings, Kevin. It's great the weather has been cooperating with your painting frenzy.

Chris Ousley said...

Nice! Hope to cruise by the show and see your latest stuff in person.

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Love the colors! I hope to make it to see you at the BA show.

Lisa said...

I've never seen you paint fall scenes before; these look great. I especially love the backlit leaves on the second painting from the top.

Kevin Menck said...

Yeah, if you guys get the chance come by and see me at the BA show. I have never been so I am not sure what to expect but it should be a lot of fun. See ya' there.