Saturday, November 14, 2009

11x14's


In the previous post I mentioned some 11x14 paintings I did over the past week. Here's one. I will post the other when I get a better photo. I painted this one at Cheatham Wildlife Management area with Jim Frazier and when I finished he said,"you used that same brush for that whole painting, didn't you?" I did. A number one round hog bristle. I take a lot of heat for the size of my brushes. But right now, that's where I'm at. If it ever stops working or I don't enjoy it anymore I am sure I will move on to something else.

5 comments:

Denise Rose said...

This is beautiful Kevin! Isn't a number one round brush really small (sorry, I am not good at brush sizes yet and still learning)? It seems it would be difficult to cover the 11x14 canvas with a tiny brush, but this is very nice!

Kevin Menck said...

A number one is tiiiiny. It's about the size of the end of a sharpened no.2 pencil. I role it over on it's side to do a lot of the work. But like I said, right now it works for me.

Chris Ousley said...

Never realized you use such a little bitty brush. It works!

Kevin Menck said...

Yeah, it's very small. You wouldn't believe how much flak I take for it too.

Chris Ousley said...

I will be sure to give you the business when I see you again, you and your little baby brush.... ;-)