Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Demo (kinda')






I meant to take more photos but when you are painting it's hard to remember to do it. I started well but as my concentration level goes up, the number of photos goes down.
I painted at Cheatham Wildlife Management Area in the Dyson Ditch area which is managed for duck hunting. During the fall the gates are left open for the duck hunters to come in and work on their blinds but are then closed before the season begins. Today was the day they locked the gates. I noticed some of the areas across the river had already been closed so I guess I was lucky getting this one more painting done. It's some absolutely gorgeous country that will now have to wait until late winter for me.
I painted this painting in a slow on and off drizzle. If it is slow enough I enjoy painting like that. The colors are a bit more saturated and the light a little bit slower.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice! What was the thought in changing the direction of the field lines? Just curious.

Kevin Menck said...

I wondered if anyone would catch that. I tend to compose as I go along and when I put them on I liked how they looked the way they are. I thought all those curvy lines in the field my be a little much.