Sunday, April 12, 2009

No Complaining





Trying to paint hard to get enough pieces for three seperate shows coming up. Radnor Lake show starts this Thursday with a show at Leiper's Creek on the 25th followed then by the Harding Show, a show I will try to have at least 30 paintings for. I am in pretty good shape for the shows but had two galleries contact me and want work.
I remember Julia Roberts told a story on Dolly Parton in an interview once. She said they were filming a movie together and it was in the middle of the summer and some extraodinarily long, hot days and she had been grousing and complaining and she asked Dolly why she seemed so content and wasn't complaining and Dolly said," I prayed my whole life to be here doing what I'm doing. This is a dream come true for me and I'm not about to complain."
3 shows and 4 galleries. I'm not about to complain.

4 comments:

mike rooney studios said...

thanks kevin- needed that pearl of wisdom today. love your stuff and i stop by often. thanks

Kevin Menck said...

Yeah, around here Dolly Parton is kinda' like the Dalai Lama.
Thanks for the comment Mike.

Keith Tilley said...

Wise words there Kevin. There are worse ways to spend your life!

I hope you do well at the shows. Looking at these paintings I think you should.

Chris Ousley said...

You finally got that store painted. I was by there a couple weeks ago on my bike. Good work.