Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bus-ted


This old Williamson County bus sits in a field in Leiper's Fork and I have always driven by and said I would paint it someday. Sunday was that day. Apparently it has become a storage shed.
When I look at it abandoned in this field I have to ask who would aquire a school bus and how did they aquire it to just drive it home and park it in a field to store junk in it? How do you get a school bus? Do they give them away or sell them? Ya' know, if you tore out the seats and added a bunk and a fridge and a giant easel, you would have a great mobile studio. Just back it up to your favorite local scene, fling open the back door and voila, instant studio, rain or shine.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Except for the gas costs, I think you're on to something. ;)

Doug said...

great bus!

I want to paint it one day too. It is not going anywhere soon, that's for sure...

Chris Ousley said...

I was hoping to see you and your works at the Capitol Show. I was happy to sell two and hope the other two sell as well.
I rode the bike to Lieper's Saturday and saw some of your works at the gallery.
The bus looks good. Buy it and load it up with artists!