Sunday, March 23, 2008

Normandy



I spent the last two days of last week in and around Normandy and Bell Buckle. I did Thursday and Friday morning at the Normandy dam painting the tail waters that are the Duck River. It is a great place to paint. The river is small and accessible everywhere there. Thursday I was the only person around. That morning the trout stocking truck from Dale Hollow Fish Hatchery showed up and dumped trout in the river. The next day was Good Friday and I am sure word on the trout got out so there were a few fishermen in the river but they seemed to be too busy fishing to even care I was there. The only question I was asked was by a lady who pulled up in a beat up pick-up and asked if I had "caught anything yet." I didn't want to try to explain what I was actually doing so I said,"nope, not yet."

1 comment:

Chris Ousley said...

Normandy is a neat little place. A bit of a Ghost town though. You know the best Whisky is made just up the road... George Dickel!
Good to see these new posts. I was worried you stopped painting. ;-P