Saturday, April 5, 2008

To The Bone



Painting in the cold can be very difficult if you are not prepared. Painted this morning with Plein Air Nashville (The diehards, Bitsy, Brenda, me and Doug). I had prepared for it to be in the 60's and sunny. Didn't get anywhere near it and a north wind was howling. I had on a fleece jacket with a t-shirt underneath and when I looked around it looked like everyone else heard the same forecast I did. I have painted in snow, 15-20 degree days, painted while Alberta Clippers have blown through, but I don't think I have ever been that cold. It went" to the bone" as they say. I think it was the lack of preparation. Those other days I mentioned I was prepared for cold, I knew it was going to be very cold and I got myself mentally prepared and dressed appropriately. I was not nearly mentally prepared for today. Anyway, we painted in Centennial Park without sun so I was semi please with my result.

No comments: