Monday, January 10, 2011

Tennessee Snow



We have had a snow in Tennessee. And it was a good one. For Tennessee.
I am sure the folks that have relocated here from the north may wonder what all the hoopla is about but for us it is a good one. I guess we here in Nashville may have 3-4 inches and some of the counties south of us have had 7-8. I painted here this morning and got one done and will paint around here again tomorrow but as ours starts to melt I may move down to Bedford County later in the week hoping theirs may last a little longer. I will post paintings when I get photos.
This morning I spent a few hours just riding and looking and I hit all the hills famous for the sledding. Suicide Hill, Steeplechase, Natchez Trace. Saw one kid sledding with a kayak. And it worked.
We have more snow predicted for morning but hopefully I will be able to put in a full day painting. Unless I come up with a good kayak.

2 comments:

René PleinAir said...

The second photo is funny, it's looks like you spotted some people in the wild.

Looking forward for the painting.

Kevin Menck said...

Yes, that's what we do with our homeless here. We outfit them in the latest L.L. Bean snow gear and make them forage.