Wednesday, January 26, 2011

More Snow!




I complained because I don't get to paint snow enough and voila! I'm getting to paint snow enough.
We have had another snow and this one was a wet snow on a relatively warm day. I had been painting in the studio the past few days due to rain and it was REALLY good to be back outside again. I know there's a lot to be said for studio painting but I ain't saying it. I think that's what caused me to shift from illustration to this to begin with. That isolation of the studio will have you climbing the walls after a couple of days. It might be different if I had a studio with a couple of other artists around but here at home it's just me and the dog and I'm sure he's getting a little tired of me asking for his opinion.

1 comment:

René PleinAir said...

You are running out of colours this way though! Love the snow painting, ... to mix that much grey with three primaries is a bit weird is it? Being in a studio with other artists, hmmm is that really a good option? I think you will do less or maybe no work at all. Ever looked for paintingspot in the rain Kevin? You look at spot's where you never had looked on dry day's, it's makes you look a whole different way. And you know there are lots and lots of gorgeous paintings made during rainy days with great reflections!!