Saturday, August 7, 2010

New Book


Designed and printed a new book of my images through blurb. Easiest thing I have ever done. It's amazing the different venues and the ability we have now to promote our work that 10 - 15 years ago I would have killed for. The printed version of this was a little dark and saturated but I'll work on some color correcting and hopefully will be able to print a stack of them to use as a handout at a few galleries in the future. When you view it though, hit full screen. For whatever reason the image size I have it at now in the blog is the only one I could make fit. Just because the technology has zoomed along doesn't mean I have been zooming along with it.

10 comments:

Chris Ousley said...

Excellent! I want one.

jimserrettstudio said...

Very nice. First saw one of the blurb books about 16 months ago.
Pretty good quality, great extra means to promote your work.

I really enjoy your work.

Anonymous said...

Very nice book! love it!

Carol Morgan said...

Never seen this before......... but that doesn't mean a thing! Love it ! I follow your work and would love to do more plein aire work but it is like a blast furnace here in Texas now! Maybe fall will afford more opportunity. Please don't ever stop painting! You are one of my favorite artists!

Kevin Menck said...

Thanks everybody for the compliments! It would be very easy to get the big head with this blog except it's plein air painting and it has a way of bringing you back to earth from time to time. One bad day afield is all it takes...

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Love the book!! I hope my kid's schedules will allow me take a class in the near future. I am blogging away. I hope to have more time now that school is back in session. :)

Lisa said...

The online version of the book looks just fantastic. What a great idea to use that service. I can only imagine how good the printed book looks, even if you will need to tweak the colors.

Who is taking those photos? Even the photography is artistic.

Are you going to Sewanee tomorrow? I'll be there in the afternoon with my dog...it's long story. Let's hope he behaves! (Already got permission from Bitsy)

Chris Ousley said...

Time for a new painting upload...

Shirley Fachilla said...

Hey Kevin,
Can't wait to look at your book. Now you're doing books and saying that they're easy.
You told me blogs were easy, too, as I recall. I've finally gotten the hang of blogging, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I don't do anything to mess it up.
Gotta go so I can figure out how to make the book viewing full screen.

Ruth Andre said...

Kevin your book is lovely. Good luck with the second printing.