Thursday, January 7, 2010

No Show Snow




Lately I have been like a kid in a candy store. I recently found a place that is the kind of scrubby, agricultural landscape that I like and it is public access. It's the Poole Knobs Wildlife Management Area. A friend of mine goes there to watch bird dog field trials and had been telling me about it. I painted there Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Best of all, the weather we have had this week has been teens to mid-twenties so there was ice on the creeks and ponds. I don't get to paint ice often and it is a challenge. It has been so cold that Tuesday I painted with Jason Saunders and as I was painting the painting above with the cedar tree some kids pulled up and wanted to know if it would bother us if they played hockey on the pond! To be playing ice hockey outside in Tennessee means serious cold. We also had a forecast yesterday of 2-4 inches of snow. I haven't painted in snow in awhile so I was pumped. Woke up this morning and didn't have a flake. It was like waking up for Christmas and Santa didn't show up. Maybe we'll get some before the season's out.

1 comment:

Chris Ousley said...

Good stuff! I wanted some snow also!