Wednesday, January 14, 2009





I know this actually dosen't have anything to do with fine art but I wanted to share and the reason there is no title to this post is that I have no words to describe it.
I went duck hunting over the past two days in a little spot in the road called Holcomb, Mississippi. We were hunting a farm that consisted of about 90 acres of rice fields. I have been hunting ducks now since about '86-'87 and if I get to the field to hunt and count, say, a hundred ducks, I have had a great day. It is rare to see clouds of ducks that blot out the morning sun.
When we got to the fields Tuesday morning the sky filled with THOUSANDS of ducks and geese.THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS. The most impressive thing was the sound. From about a half a mile away when this many waterfowl take off it sounds like a train or distant thunder. It was one of those incredible moments that you were glad you had the privilege to experience.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, beautiful. It reminds me of shots from the "Planet Earth" series.